How To Grow A Thicker Beard? Would you like to know how to have a more dense beard? Although some men prefer to trim their facial hair daily, more and more people decide to follow the current trend of wearing a long, leafy beard with a disheveled appearance. However, although beard is very fashionable and enhances masculinity, sometimes facial hair does not grow with sufficient density and may be patchy on some areas of the face.
Although the lack of facial hair growth can be determined by causes such as genetics, the use of overly aggressive facial products or some testosterone problems, there are some tricks that can remedy this aesthetic problem. Do you want to know them? Keep reading this article to discover the series of techniques, tips and tricks that will make your beard look a lot thicker.
[You may also be interested: 6 Effective Ways To Tighten Your Skin]
1. Avoid Trimming The Beard
Although it sounds a little obvious, one of the tricks on how to grow a beard is to just let it grow. We know that in some occasions, facial hair can go through irregular growth phases where more hair grows in some places of the face than in others. However, although during these stages there may be areas with a lot of hair and other somewhat patchy, it will be essential that you avoid cutting the beard so that it is evenly spread across the face. If you follow this advice and let your beard grow to the maximum for at least a month to 6 weeks, areas that looked bald will begin to be covered.
In addition to the areas that are more dense than others, there may be another discomfort: itching. To reduce these symptoms, it is recommended that you use products such as a natural beard conditioner and specific oils such as jojoba, as it will help soothe the itching and prevent other problems such as dryness.
2. Use Supplements For A More Dense Beard
Among the most effective products to aid in beard growth are biotin supplements . Although there is no real evidence to demonstrate the stimulant properties, many doctors say that biotin strengthens the structure of hair keratin, which makes it stronger and thicker. So if you are looking to grow a more dense and full beard, daily use of this vitamin may be your answer.
You can get biotin in either supplemental capsules or by including it in your diet with foods rich in this nutrient such as meats, eggs, blue fish, strawberries and nuts among many others.
3. Improve Your Daily Habits
Although we are not aware, our lifestyle often directly influences the health of our facial hair. Therefore, another of the techniques that you should keep in mind when you ask yourself how to have a better beard is to adopt some of the following healthy habits :
- Follow a balanced diet: some nutrients such as lean proteins, vitamins A and B and minerals such as zinc and iron favor hair growth, so it is important that we include them in our diet.
- Stay hydrated: drinking at least 2 liters of water a day will also influence the growth of your beard, since hydration will help facial hair grow healthier.
- Sleep at least 8 hours a day: you may not see this at first sight, but you should know that lack of sleep can make facial hair along with any hair grow weak and brittle.
- Exercise every day: exercise and sport really helps blood circulation throughout the body, which will help drive nutrients to the blood vessels and hair follicles consequently causing the hair on your face to become stronger, thicker and healthier.
- Reduce stress: very high levels of stress and / or anxiety can cause hormonal disorders that in the long run could dramatically accelerate hair loss. To avoid anxiety and stress, one of the best solutions is to practice relaxing activities such as yoga or palates or meditation.
4. Take Care Of Your Facial Hair Daily
Another trick to having a thicker, fuller beard is to maintain proper daily facial hygiene . To keep your beard clean, hydrated and well maintained, we recommend that you take the following steps daily:
- Wash your beard: the first step you will have to do every day is to wash your beard. However, it is important that you do not do this with any bath gels or similar products; use a specific shampoo for beards to guarantee your hair gets a deep clean without producing irritation on the skin or washing away the natural oils within your beard.
- Use of conditioner: As in the previous step, the use of a special conditioner for facial hair is essential. This product will help both moisturizer and soften the hair and eliminate dandruff if it has already occurred.
- Finish your daily cleaning with some beard oil, this product will give your beard extra hydration and softness to the beard. In addition, it will be very useful in reducing the itching that can appear during the growth of facial hair.
In addition to these steps, it is important that at least once a week you excoriate your face to eliminate the accumulation of dead cells that clog the pores of the skin and consequently prevent the hair from growing naturally. To do this, you can buy an exfoliation scrub from a pharmacy or cosmetic store or you can make it yourself with some of our recipes here
[You may also be interested: 5 Amazing Health Benefits Of Coconut Oil]
5. Use Home Remedies To Grow The Beard
In addition to the product mentioned above, there are also some natural remedies that will help you achieve your beard goals :
- Cinnamon and lemon lotion for the beard: on the one hand, cinnamon is rich in group B vitamins, which gives it excellent properties that stimulate hair growth. On the other hand, lemon is a great remedy that will help to cleanse the face and eliminate conditions such as dandruff. To prepare this solution, mix 2 tablespoons of lemon with one tablespoon of cinnamon powder and apply the mixture making a circular massage on the face . Let the ointment work for 25 minutes and remove the remedy with plenty of warm water.
- Onion juice for a more dense beard: this vegetable is rich in both acids and flavonoids, which gives it unique properties that helps to strengthen facial hair. You only have cut one onion in half and squeeze to release the juice. Apply this juice to the most patchy areas of your face and let the mixture work throughout the night, washing with warm water the following morning.
- Eucalyptus oil: this remedy has properties that stimulate the growth of hair . You just have to put a few drops on to the beard and perform a circular massage so that the oil penetrates well. Then let it work for 15 minutes and remove with plenty of warm water.
6. Beard Graft
Just as there are hair grafts for other parts of the body, there are many men who bet on grafts and beard transplants . This process is very popular among men who want safe gains, because although the complete results of the procedure takes some time to be seen, it is a very effective and minimally invasive cosmetic surgery that usually does not present any type of problem.
The incredible advances of the technology used for these techniques have made this process a very successful intervention for men who want to see a thicker, fuller beard in a matter of months.
7. Dyes To Grow The Beard
If you thought that the dyes were only for men with gray hair, you are very wrong. Gray hair or not, dyes can be a great option if you want to have a fuller beard, because these products not only manage to match the colors and shades of your facial hair, but they bring more volume to the smaller translucent white hairs (peach fuzz)
However, if you are thinking about growing your beard with dyes, remember that you must choose the color well. Do not bet on an extremely dark tone if it does not match the color of your natural hair; the key is to find a dye with a shade similar to that of your beard so that it gives volume without appearing artificial.